Motorcycles were seen being lifted over highway dividers and drainage areas as a group of so-called “mat rempit” attempted to escape after police blocked access at the Bukit Raja Toll Plaza along the New Klang Valley Expressway (NKVE) on Sunday.
The move was part of an Integrated Street Racing Operation carried out by the Traffic Investigation and Enforcement Department (JSPT) of the Selangor Contingent Police Headquarters.
The operation was conducted with assistance from JSPT Bukit Aman, the Crime Prevention and Community Safety Department (JPJKK), and the National Anti-Drug Agency (AADK).
Road closures were implemented around 3am following hours of surveillance and intelligence gathering on street racing activities at the location.
Authorities believe the area had been used as an unofficial “race track” by riders modifying their motorcycles for high-speed runs.
Selangor police said in a statement that 103 vehicles and 120 individuals aged between 14 and 32 were inspected during the operation.
A total of 200 summonses were issued for various traffic offences, while 41 motorcycles were seized for further action.
AADK also conducted 50 random drug screenings, resulting in eight arrests — seven individuals tested positive for ketum and one for cannabis.
Officials said the operation will continue to be carried out regularly to curb illegal street racing and ensure public safety, order, and compliance with traffic laws.
All detainees and seized motorcycles were taken to the Shah Alam District Police Headquarters for further investigation.
The operation was also attended by Selangor Deputy Police Chief DCP Mohd Zaini Abu Hassan and Selangor JSPT Chief Supt Edward Kondokor.

