Federal Court Defers Decision On Prosecution’s Appeal In Syed Saddiq Case

Date:

The Federal Court has postponed its decision on the prosecution’s final appeal against the acquittal of Muar MP Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman until July 13.

A three-member Federal Court panel had been scheduled to deliver its ruling today.

However, Court of Appeal President Abu Bakar Jais announced that the decision would be deferred after Justice Ruzima Ghazali was unable to attend the proceedings due to medical leave.

Sitting alone, Abu Bakar said it would not be appropriate for the court to deliver the judgment in the absence of one of the panel members.

The court will now hand down its decision on July 13.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

MTUC Proposes RM3,100 Minimum Wage Amid Rising Living Costs

The Malaysian Trades Union Congress (MTUC) has proposed setting...

Sarawak Seeks To Master Metallurgy To Process Its Own Mineral Resources

Sarawak is aiming to strengthen its expertise in metallurgy...

Malaysia Urged To Become Global Hub For Muslim Travel Economy, Says Ahmad Zahid

Malaysia should aim beyond being recognised as the world’s...

25-Year-Old Man Wonders If RM6,000 Salary Is Enough To Get Married

Marriage is often viewed as a natural next step...