Kelantan Education Authorities To Take Action Against Teacher Accused Of Hitting Pupil, Mother With Walking Stick

Date:

The Kelantan Education Department (JPN), District Education Offices (PPD) and the school involved will take action according to existing regulations over a case involving a teacher accused of hitting a pupil and the child’s mother with a walking stick.

Director-General of Education Datuk Dr Mohd Azam Ahmad said the education authorities would follow the appropriate procedures, although he declined to comment further on whether an internal investigation had been launched.

“I do not want to comment for now as I have only just received the information.

“I am certain that JPN, PPD and the schools will take action according to the regulations in place,” he said after handing over a school bus to Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Agama (SMKA) Naim Lilbanat on Tuesday.

Mohd Azam was responding to questions about the education authorities’ action following the incident.

The case reportedly involved a 54-year-old male teacher in Pasir Mas, who was arrested last Wednesday to assist police investigations after allegedly assaulting a pupil and the pupil’s mother in two separate incidents.

The alleged assault involving the pupil reportedly occurred first, prompting the child’s mother to visit the school to seek an explanation from the teacher.

However, the meeting allegedly turned tense, with the teacher accused of hitting the woman with a walking stick.

Police previously confirmed that the suspect had been arrested and remanded for three days to assist investigations under Section 324 of the Penal Code, which relates to voluntarily causing hurt using dangerous weapons or means.

Authorities are expected to determine the appropriate action based on the outcome of the investigation and the relevant education regulations.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

27 Likas Hospital Security Guards Lodge Labour Complaint Over Breaks, Overtime

A total of 27 security guards at Likas Hospital...

34-Year-Old Man Claims Trial For Allegedly Assaulting Teen With Aluminium Rod

A 34-year-old man has claimed trial at the Magistrate’s...

Sabah Heart Centre Expected To Begin Operations By Q3 2029

The construction of the Sabah Heart Centre at Queen...

MOSTI Plans To Bring Nuclear Education To Primary Schools

The Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) plans...