A 11-year-old boy was found drowned after he was believed to have fallen into a river near the New Klang Valley Expressway (NKVE), close to Menara FINAS in Damansara Damai on Saturday.
The victim, identified as Paulus Amsal Jimri, was discovered about 1.9 kilometres from the location where he was last seen, following more than 18 hours of search and rescue operations by emergency responders.
Selangor Fire and Rescue Department Operations Assistant Director Ahmad Mukhlis Mukhtar said authorities received an emergency call regarding the incident at 4.30pm.
He said firefighters from the Sungai Buloh Fire and Rescue Station, assisted by the Water Rescue Team (PPDA) from Shah Alam, were deployed to the scene.
Initial reports from police indicated that a boy had allegedly fallen into the river and was feared drowned, prompting an immediate search operation along the riverbank.
Search efforts were conducted using surface searching techniques covering about two kilometres on the first day, but the victim was not found.
The operation was suspended at 9pm due to safety concerns and poor visibility, before resuming at 7.30am the following day.
On Sunday at around 10am, rescuers received information that a body had been found along the riverbank at Jalan Welfare, Kampung Baru Sungai Buloh.
The Water Rescue Team later recovered the body at 10.47am, and the victim was confirmed dead by medical personnel from the Ministry of Health at 11am.
Family members later identified the body before it was handed over to police for further action.

