Bukit Bendera Cable Car Set For 2027 Launch

Date:

The Bukit Bendera cable car project has reached 32 per cent completion, with physical construction expected to be fully completed by August next year.

Penang Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow said the cable car service is scheduled to begin operations in the final quarter of the same year.

He said the latest progress marked an important phase for the long-awaited project, following the completion of all underground works.

“The development shows that the project is entering a more exciting phase after all underground works have been successfully completed,” he said after inspecting the project site today.

During the visit, Chow also witnessed the installation of the project’s third tower, located along the route from Kebun Bunga to the summit of Bukit Bendera.

He said the project has been highly anticipated since construction began in January 2025.

Although the early stages faced challenges, particularly involving underground structures that required detailed assessments and strict compliance with technical requirements, the works have now been successfully completed.

Chow expressed hope that the upcoming above-ground construction would allow the project’s progress to be monitored and managed more effectively.

He noted that the underground works had been particularly challenging due to the area’s rocky geological conditions.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Two Cyclists Killed In Putrajaya Crash, Driver Not Arrested Yet

Police have confirmed that the driver involved in a...

Rapid KL Trains, Selected Buses To Operate 24 Hours For Merdeka Celebrations From Aug 30-31

Rapid KL rail services, including the Light Rail Transit...

Kepong Petrol Attack: Family Still Waiting For Answers

The family of a woman who suffered burns to...

Two Malaysians Arrested In Thailand With 1,560 Epam Tablets

Two Malaysians were arrested by Thai police in Sungai...