Trump Extends Iran Deadline Over Strait Of Hormuz Deal, Warns Of Strikes

Date:

US President Donald Trump on Sunday signalled a 24-hour extension to his deadline for Iran to reach an agreement over the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz, warning of severe consequences if no deal is achieved.

Posting on his Truth Social platform, Trump wrote: “Tuesday, 8pm Eastern Time!”, effectively shifting the ultimatum deadline. The revised timing translates to 12am GMT on Wednesday, giving Tehran additional time to negotiate.

The Strait of Hormuz, a critical global shipping route for oil and gas, has reportedly been blocked since the start of a US-Israel bombing campaign on 28 February, according to the report.

Trump warned that failure to reach an agreement could trigger attacks on key Iranian infrastructure, including power plants and bridges, while claiming the country could take “20 years” to recover from such strikes.

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, he said the US remains in a “very strong position,” adding that Iran could face total devastation if it fails to act by the new deadline.

He also suggested ongoing negotiations could still produce a breakthrough, telling Fox News there is a “good chance” of reaching a deal, while claiming Tehran had already made concessions on nuclear development.

“The big thing is they’re not going to have a nuclear weapon,” Trump said, adding that most major points had already been agreed.

In separate remarks to ABC News, Trump said the conflict should be resolved within “days, not weeks,” but warned that very few options would be off the table if no agreement is reached.

He further claimed that the United States had previously attempted to support Iranian protesters through Kurdish intermediaries, though this was contradicted by statements from Kurdish officials in Iraq who denied receiving any such arms assistance.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

BABYMONSTER Becomes Third K-Pop Girl Group To Reach 13 Million YouTube Subscribers

K-pop girl group BABYMONSTER has reached another major milestone...

Jaafar Jackson Says ‘Michael’ Sequel Could Give Michael Jackson’s Side Of Child Sex Abuse Allegations

Jaafar Jackson, who portrayed his late uncle Michael Jackson...

Ariana Grande Tells Trump Team To Stop Using Her Music

Ariana Grande has criticised US President Donald Trump’s political...

‘I’ve Never Been Ashamed’: Malaysian Graduate Proudly Celebrates Father Who Worked As Cleaner For 25 Years

For 25-year-old Mohamad Zulfithri Mohd Johari, his father’s occupation...