Malaysia’s top men’s singles shuttler Leong Jun Hao has admitted that he skipped several training sessions following recent disciplinary issues involving him.
Without elaborating further, the world number 25 said his absence from training was due to personal problems he was facing.
“I admit that I did not attend several training sessions, but I do not wish to comment much on the matter,” he said.
Previously, local media reported that the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) had issued Jun Hao with a final warning over disciplinary concerns.
BAM Performance Committee chairman Lee Chong Wei was quoted as saying that the 26-year-old risks being dropped from the national squad if he fails to improve his attitude and discipline.
Despite the controversy, Jun Hao said his current focus remains on improving his performance and delivering his best at the upcoming Malaysia Masters.
The Super 500 tournament is scheduled to begin tomorrow and run until May 24, with Jun Hao expected to face a player from the qualifying rounds in his opening match.
The Kuala Lumpur-born player has struggled with inconsistent form this year after suffering early exits in five tournaments he participated in.
He also endured a disappointing campaign at the Thomas Cup 2026 in Horsens, Denmark, where he lost all three matches while leading Malaysia’s men’s singles challenge.

