Father Charged After Missing 4-Year-Old Boy Found Buried Beneath Home

Date:

A Washington man has been arrested after authorities discovered the body of his four-year-old son buried beneath a property where the family had been living.

Jacob Scott Bevins, 36, is facing multiple charges, including second-degree murder, first-degree manslaughter, homicide by abuse, assault of a child and unlawful disposal of human remains. He is also accused of providing false information to investigators.

According to authorities, the victim, identified as Aiden Bevins, had allegedly been missing for nearly a year before his remains were found on May 15. Investigators said the child’s body was discovered inside a tote bag buried beneath a home believed to belong to the suspect’s grandmother.

Police launched an investigation after receiving conflicting accounts regarding the boy’s whereabouts. Investigators said Bevins initially claimed the child was living with relatives out of state, but authorities later determined that information was false.

During questioning, Bevins reportedly told investigators that Aiden had suffered a fatal head injury after accidentally falling while running to the bathroom. However, prosecutors said a preliminary post-mortem examination revealed extensive injuries that were consistent with ongoing abuse.

The child’s biological mother reportedly told authorities she had not seen her son for about a year while she was incarcerated and believed he was staying with family members in Idaho.

Investigators also revealed that Aiden had previously spent time in foster care before his death.

Bevins was taken into custody on June 5 and is currently being held at the Grays Harbor County Jail on US$150,000 bail as the case continues to be investigated.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Curtain Company Fined RM1,500 For Displaying Advertisement Without Licence

A curtain company was fined RM1,500 by the Magistrates’...

Unemployed Man Pleads Guilty To Three Child Abuse Charges, Admits Abusing Stepdaughter And Infant Daughter

An unemployed man pleaded guilty at the Sessions Court...

Each Scam Takedown Request Takes Up To 45 Minutes To Process, Says Fahmi

Each request to remove scam-related content from online platforms...

600kg Of Drugs Worth RM37.5 Million Seized In KLIA Raids, 12 Suspects Held

Efforts to strengthen security and enforcement at Kuala Lumpur...