PM Anwar Denies Claims Of Barred Entry For Johor MB Into FELDA Areas

Date:

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has denied claims that there was any directive to prevent Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Onn Hafiz Ghazi from entering FELDA areas.

Anwar said the allegation was untrue and stressed that the Federal Government is only focused on implementing its own projects within FELDA settlements.

“There is no such order. The Federal Government handles Federal projects. The state handles its own work, there is no need for unnecessary noise,” he said after Friday prayers at Masjid Jameatus Solehah, Pekan Dengkil today.

He was responding to claims made by Onn Hafiz, who reportedly said he was barred from entering FELDA areas during a scheduled programme.

Onn Hafiz had earlier stated that he was prevented from attending a land grant handover ceremony for FELDA settlers during the Johor FELDA Settlers’ Day 2026 event.

The incident reportedly led to a change of venue from FELDA Ulu Belitong, Kluang, to Dewan Dato’ Onn in Taman Sri Lambak.

He had also expressed disappointment, saying it was the first time in his experience that a Menteri Besar was not allowed entry into a FELDA area for such an official programme.

The matter has since drawn public attention amid differing accounts over the circumstances surrounding the event.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

MTUC Proposes RM3,100 Minimum Wage Amid Rising Living Costs

The Malaysian Trades Union Congress (MTUC) has proposed setting...

Sarawak Seeks To Master Metallurgy To Process Its Own Mineral Resources

Sarawak is aiming to strengthen its expertise in metallurgy...

Malaysia Urged To Become Global Hub For Muslim Travel Economy, Says Ahmad Zahid

Malaysia should aim beyond being recognised as the world’s...

25-Year-Old Man Wonders If RM6,000 Salary Is Enough To Get Married

Marriage is often viewed as a natural next step...