A Form Three student suffered injuries to his neck and the back of his head and may face partial hearing loss after allegedly being bullied and assaulted at a secondary school here last week.
The 15-year-old victim is also reportedly experiencing severe trauma following the incident, with his mother saying he has been spending much of his time alone in his room, while losing his appetite and becoming less communicative.
His mother, Nurhaswaty Zamani, 43, said her only son complained of pain, particularly around his ear, after the alleged assault last Wednesday.
“When we asked him what happened, he said he was punched from behind by a 17-year-old male student at around 8.30am, causing him to fall,” she said during a press conference here today.
Shocked by what happened, Nurhaswaty and her husband went to the school before lodging a police report for further action.
She said her son was later admitted to Shah Alam Hospital for three days after suffering injuries to his neck and the back of his head. Doctors also found that he was at risk of moderate hearing loss in his right ear and would require follow-up examinations.
Nurhaswaty has called on the Education Ministry and police to conduct a thorough investigation and take firm action against those responsible.

