Kepong Petrol Attack: Police Arrest Suspect Who Allegedly Set Woman Ablaze

Date:

Police have arrested the individual who allegedly doused a woman with petrol before setting her on fire at a number forecasting outlet in Taman Pusat Kepong on August 9.

Sentul acting district police chief Superintendent Jasni Zolpa confirmed that the suspect was arrested at around noon on Tuesday.

“Yes, the suspect has been arrested. A press conference will be held tomorrow,” he said briefly when contacted on Tuesday.

The case previously made headlines after a 62-year-old woman suffered burns to around 50 per cent of her body after being splashed with a substance believed to be petrol and set alight at the premises.

Jasni had earlier said police received information about the incident at around 8am, reporting that the victim, who worked as a counter attendant at the outlet, had been attacked by an unidentified man.

The arrest marks a development in the investigation, with police expected to provide further details on the suspect and the circumstances surrounding the attack at tomorrow’s press conference.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Nga Kor Ming: Malaysia Can Learn From Japan’s Waste Management Practices To Boost Recycling Culture

Malaysia is looking to Japan’s waste separation and recycling...

Doctors Remove 3.1kg Bladder Stone From Sri Lankan Man In Possible World Record

Doctors in Sri Lanka have removed a massive 3.1kg...

100 Days To Go! Syed Saddiq, Bella Astillah To Tie The Knot On October 10

Muar MP Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman and singer-actress...

Form Five Student Remanded After Allegedly Punching, Kicking Junior Until He Was Hospitalised

A 17-year-old Form Five student from a secondary school...