Police are investigating a possible sexual offence involving a 15-year-old girl who was found unconscious by the roadside in Machang on Aug 20 after allegedly fleeing from an unidentified motorcyclist.
Kelantan police chief Datuk Mohd Yusoff Mamat said the teenager had left home without her family’s permission before meeting the man and accepting a ride from him.
“The victim got on the motorcycle before the man told her to take off her clothes,” he said during a press conference at the Kelantan police headquarters, as reported by Harian Metro.
Mohd Yusoff said the girl became frightened and fled from the motorcyclist before eventually collapsing by the roadside. Passersby later found her and took her to hospital for medical examination.
Although the medical examination found no evidence of rape, police are concerned that an attempted sexual offence may have taken place.
“I have asked the Machang district police chief to open an investigation paper under the Sexual Offences Against Children Act,” he said.
The latest development follows an earlier clarification from Machang police after claims circulated on social media that the teenager had been dumped or abandoned along Jalan Kemuning.
Machang District Police Chief Superintendent Azuhar Md Nor previously said the girl was found in a weak condition and taken to hospital, where she was later reported to be stable.
He said initial investigations found no evidence to support claims that she had been abandoned, as the teenager had left home without her family’s permission before accepting a ride from the unidentified motorcyclist, who later left her by the roadside.

