Police have arrested the individual who allegedly doused a woman with petrol before setting her on fire at a number forecasting outlet in Taman Pusat Kepong on August 9.
Sentul acting district police chief Superintendent Jasni Zolpa confirmed that the suspect was arrested at around noon on Tuesday.
“Yes, the suspect has been arrested. A press conference will be held tomorrow,” he said briefly when contacted on Tuesday.
The case previously made headlines after a 62-year-old woman suffered burns to around 50 per cent of her body after being splashed with a substance believed to be petrol and set alight at the premises.
Jasni had earlier said police received information about the incident at around 8am, reporting that the victim, who worked as a counter attendant at the outlet, had been attacked by an unidentified man.
The arrest marks a development in the investigation, with police expected to provide further details on the suspect and the circumstances surrounding the attack at tomorrow’s press conference.

