Teasing between schoolmates is believed to have led to a 15-year-old boy being assaulted at a secondary school here, leaving him at risk of hearing problems.
Selangor Police Chief Datuk Shazeli Kahar said preliminary investigations found that the incident was believed to have stemmed from previous teasing between students from the same school.
“Based on the statements obtained so far, the incident was related to teasing that had previously occurred between schoolmates,” he said at a press conference at the Selangor Police Contingent Headquarters on Wednesday.
The case came to light after the victim’s mother, Nurhaswaty Zamani, 43, claimed that her only child, Adryz Adrian, 15, suffered injuries to his head and ear after allegedly being bullied and assaulted at a secondary school in Shah Alam.
The teenager reportedly experienced hearing difficulties following the incident and faces the possibility of hearing loss. He is currently receiving medical treatment and undergoing follow-up examinations.
Shazeli said police had opened an investigation after receiving reports from both the complainant and the victim.
“We have so far received police reports from the complainant as well as the victim.
“Investigations are ongoing. Statements and evidence have been recorded, while one suspect was arrested and remanded before being released on police bail pending completion of the investigation,” he said.
The case is being investigated under Section 506 and Section 323 of the Penal Code, relating to criminal intimidation and voluntarily causing hurt.
Shazeli said the suspect, a 17-year-old student from the same school, was arrested at the school.
“Only one suspect has been detained to assist with the investigation.
“The suspect is 17 years old, and we cannot comment further as the case involves minors,” he said.
Meanwhile, police are awaiting an official medical report to determine the extent of the injuries suffered by the victim.
“The investigation is still ongoing and we need to wait for the official report from the medical officer,” Shazeli said.
He added that the investigation papers would be completed before being referred to the Deputy Public Prosecutor’s Office for further action.

