Education Minister Sends Firm Warning On Child Safety

Date:

The public has been urged to come forward and report any cases involving alleged sexual offences to the authorities.

Education Minister Fadhlina Sidek said the authorities must take immediate action to investigate, especially when reports involve child victims.

“Take shared responsibility as members of society to continuously remind everyone of the duty to protect children,” she said in a social media post.

She was commenting on a recent case involving a teacher under investigation over alleged sexual misconduct involving a student in Johor Bahru.

Fadhlina said the case has been fully taken over by the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM), while the Ministry of Education (KPM) will conduct an internal investigation.

“The individual has been detained by the authorities. The Social Welfare Department (JKM) has taken steps to protect the child, and KPM will continue its internal probe,” she added.

Previously, police confirmed the arrest of a 28-year-old man at about 10.30pm to assist investigations.

Authorities said a remand application will be made at the Johor Bahru Court under Section 117 of the Criminal Procedure Code.

Meanwhile, the Johor State Education Department said the individual has been placed under the District Education Office while investigations by the authorities continue.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Motorcyclist Dies After Collision With E-Hailing Driver Turning Into Petrol Station

A contractor was killed after the motorcycle he was...

Severe Traffic Expected On Karak Highway From May 23 To 25

Traffic flow on the Kuala Lumpur–Karak Expressway (KLK) and...

MMEA Cracks Down On Illegal Fishing, Detains Vessel Off Penang Waters

A local class B1 fishing vessel was detained by...

MetMalaysia Issues Thunderstorm Alert For Several States Until 7pm

The Malaysian Meteorological Department (MetMalaysia) has issued a thunderstorm...