Ex-Perlis MB’s Son Walks Free In RM19,505 False Claim Case

Date:

The Sessions Court in Kangar on Tuesday acquitted and discharged the son of former Perlis Menteri Besar Mohd Shukri Ramli over a charge involving a false claim amounting to RM19,505.10.

Judge Datuk Nu’aman Mahmud Zuhudi ruled that the prosecution had failed to establish a prima facie case against Mohd Syafeeq Mohd Shukri, 37, after reviewing testimonies presented by witnesses throughout the trial.

“As such, the accused is acquitted and discharged without being called to enter his defence, and the bail money of RM20,000 is to be returned,” the judge said.

On May 23, 2024, Mohd Syafeeq pleaded not guilty to a charge of submitting a government document, namely a Perlis State Government supply and services order, to administrative assistant Nurul Nabilah Mohd Sukri at the Perlis State Secretary’s Office on Feb 19, 2024, with the intention to deceive the principal.

He was accused of having reason to believe that the RM19,505.10 claim document dated Feb 14, 2024, under the name Mohd Farid Abdul Hamid for beverage supply services for the Raja of Perlis, Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Jamalullail, at Hospital Tuanku Fauziah contained false details.

The charge was framed under Section 18 of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) Act 2009, punishable under Section 24(2) of the same Act.

Mohd Syafeeq was represented by lawyer Mohd Fadhly Yaacob.

Meanwhile, MACC deputy public prosecutor Ahmad Fariz Abdul Hamid said 11 prosecution witnesses were called throughout the two-year trial.

He added that the prosecution would file a notice of appeal to the Kangar High Court within 14 days to review the Sessions Court’s decision.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Selangor Sultan Tells Wong Siew Ki, Ronnie Liu To Visit Rukun Negara Monument Weekly Amid Pig Farm Controversy

The Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah, has...

Government Maintains RM300 Diesel Aid, Announces Extra RM100 Assistance

The government will continue providing the RM300 monthly BUDI...

Housewife Charged Again Over Allegedly Offensive Facebook Comments Against King

A housewife who was previously granted a discharge not...