Police Confirm Bomb Threat At KL Landmark Was A Hoax

Date:

Police have confirmed that a bomb threat received at a prominent building in the capital last night was a hoax.

Brickfields District Police Chief Assistant Commissioner Hoo Chang Hook said police received a report regarding the incident at 9.09pm from a security guard at the building.

He said the security guard informed authorities that an email had been sent to the customer service centre claiming that a bomb had been planted on the 23rd floor of the building’s north tower.

Following the report, the Bomb Disposal Unit, K9 Detection Unit and Forensic Unit were deployed to the location to carry out a thorough inspection.

“Search operations confirmed that the threat was false,” he said in a statement on Sunday.

Chang Hook added that the case is being investigated under Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Commission Act 1998 and Section 507 of the Penal Code.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Small Traders Fall Victim To Fake Government Tender Scam In Miri

Five small traders in the city have suffered losses...

Two Women And Two Men Publicly Caned 100 Times In Public Over ‘Extramarital Sex’

Four people were publicly caned in Aceh after authorities...

Japan PM Claims She Hears Strange Noises Every Night In ‘Haunted’ Official Residence

A surprising “ghost story” shared during a diplomatic visit...

Two Teens Feared Drowned While Swimming In Sungai Paka

A swimming outing by four teenagers at Sungai Paka...