Mother Claims Son Repeatedly Injured, Including Fractured Arm, In School Bullying Case

Date:

A Year Three pupil at a school here is alleged to have suffered injuries, including a fractured arm, believed to be the result of repeated bullying by a classmate since last year.

The boy’s mother, who wished to be known as Fatin, 32, claimed that her son was injured in separate incidents on May 17 last year, as well as on March 26 and May 17 this year.

She said the repeated incidents had caused her son to become fearful of attending school, prompting the family to transfer him to another school.

“The first incident happened on May 17 last year when my son said he was pushed and fell. On that day, I had to take him to a private hospital as he was crying in pain, and doctors confirmed a fracture in his right arm.

“My husband had to bear medical costs of about RM5,000. I was heartbroken when I found out, and he had to take two weeks of medical leave. At that time, I chose to remain calm and thought positively about the incident,” she said.

She added that the second incident occurred before last year’s Hari Raya Aidilfitri, when her son was allegedly slapped, leaving bruises on his cheek and eye area.

“The incident happened before Raya, and my son was stressed and embarrassed to celebrate with bruises on his face. I began questioning why the school did not take any action,” she said.

She further claimed that another incident recently occurred when a student allegedly poked her son’s face with a pencil, injuring the area below his eye.

Fatin said she and her husband were called for a discussion session on May 18, but were disappointed with the outcome.

“My son was also blamed in the matter, and the school did not appear to take any action against the student involved, which we consider bullying.

“On the same day, we lodged a police report at the Kubang Pasu District Police Headquarters. We also decided to transfer our son to another school as we are worried he may suffer more injuries if he stays,” she said.

She added that although the new school is further from their home, they are willing to accept it for the safety of their eldest child.

“We hope the relevant parties take this issue seriously and address it properly for the safety of more than 1,000 students at the school,” she said.

She also said her son is now happier and more cheerful as he prepares to start at a new school after the two-week school break.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

MACC Arrests Two Over Alleged Bribe To Swap Seized Wildlife Meat Samples

The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has detained a company...

Man Burnt To Death In House Fire At Bedong Plantation Area

A man was found burnt to death following a...

Heavy Rain, Strong Winds Expected Across Multiple States, MetMalaysia Warns

The Malaysian Meteorological Department (MetMalaysia) has issued a warning...

Suspect Nabbed After Late-Night Collision And Alleged Assault In Petaling Jaya

A man allegedly rammed into a car before assaulting...