Family Devastated As Teenager Killed In Horrific Crash While Awaiting Polytechnic Offer

Date:

A teenager who died in a horrific accident at Jalan Losong Feri here on Tuesday had been awaiting an offer to pursue his studies in automotive engineering at a polytechnic.

Eighteen-year-old Wah Han Keong, the eldest of two siblings, was confirmed dead at the scene due to severe neck injuries after a van he was travelling in with his father was struck by a car.

His father, Wah Tee Tun, 49, said his son was passionate about automotive studies and had applied through the Universities Centralised Unit (UPU) for placement at either Politeknik Dungun or a similar institution in Kota Bharu, Kelantan.

He added that the UPU results were expected to be released within days, on May 22, and preparations had already been made for his son’s next step in education.

“Everything was ready for him to continue his studies, but we accept that it was not meant to be,” he said when met at the funeral home in Jalan Syed Zain, Kuala Terengganu, on Wednesday.

Recounting the tragic incident at about 3.36pm, Tee Tun said he and his son were on their way to town for electrical wiring work when the accident occurred.

He said a car travelling from the opposite direction reportedly lost control, crashed into a road divider, and subsequently collided with their van.

“The impact was so strong that a JKR lamp post broke and was flung towards our van, striking my son directly in the neck,” he said tearfully.

“I tried to call out to him and move him, but I realised his head had been severed and was under my feet. The rest of his body had no other injuries,” he added.

Tee Tun, who resides in Banggol Peradong, Manir, described his son as a kind, honest and hardworking young man who often helped support the family after completing his SPM.

“He never objected to anything. Even when I scolded him at work, he would just smile. He was also very close to his mother,” he said, adding that there were no unusual signs before the incident.

He also said the family intends to take legal action through a lawyer, claiming the accident was not their fault and that they possess video evidence of the incident.

The victim’s remains are expected to be transported to Kelantan for burial arrangements on Thursday.

In the incident, the Nissan Vanette driven by the father was involved in a collision with a Volkswagen Golf GTI. The impact caused the JKR pole to crash into the van, resulting in fatal injuries to the front passenger, while two others sustained minor injuries.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Teen Fight Outside School In Pandamaran Sparks Police Probe

A video has gone viral showing a group of...

MetMalaysia Issues Thunderstorm Warning For Multiple States Until 9PM

The Malaysian Meteorological Department (MetMalaysia) has issued a thunderstorm...

Federal Court Dismisses Final Appeal, Upholds 30-Year Jail Term And Caning For Ukrainian Man In 24kg Meth Case

The Federal Court on Wednesday upheld the 30-year prison...

Court Upholds Jail Sentences For Police Officer And Wife In Forced Labour Case

The High Court in Klang on Wednesday upheld prison...