Two people feared trapped following a building collapse in the Philippines were found to be alive and in constant communication with rescuers on Sunday, according to an official.
Angeles City information officer Jay Pelayo said rescue teams were actively coordinating with the trapped individuals while efforts continued to extract them from the rubble.
Authorities confirmed that the number of people rescued from the nine-storey building under construction, including those in surrounding areas, has risen to 24, with no fatalities reported so far.
Among those rescued was a 51-year-old Malaysian national who was staying at a nearby budget hotel that was also damaged when the structure collapsed.
Officials said it remains unclear how many people are still trapped, with initial estimates suggesting around 19 workers were on site at the time of the incident, though investigations are ongoing to confirm the exact number.
Earlier reports indicated that between 30 and 40 people were feared trapped, based on information provided by a site foreman who managed to escape the collapse.
Rescue operations remain challenging due to large amounts of concrete debris and twisted metal, which are slowing down clearance efforts.
Images from local media showed the building reduced to rubble, with emergency teams deploying heavy machinery and keeping ambulances on standby as operations continue.

