Malaysia Shuttler Ng Tze Yong Confirms Exit From BAM

Date:

National men’s singles shuttler Ng Tze Yong has reached a mutual agreement with the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) to part ways, effective June 30, 2026.

The decision was made following discussions between both parties, with BAM and the 26-year-old agreeing that it is the most suitable step for the next phase of his professional badminton career.

Tze Yong, who once rose to a career-high world ranking of No.14 in November 2023, has been a key figure in Malaysia’s badminton squad, contributing to several major team achievements on the international stage.

Among his notable accomplishments are a silver medal in men’s singles and a team gold at the 2022 Commonwealth Games, gold at the 2022 Badminton Asia Team Championships, and bronze medals at both the 2021 and 2023 Sudirman Cup.

However, his progress in recent years has been hampered by injury setbacks, including a back injury in 2024 and an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury in 2025 that required surgery and an extended recovery period.

BAM president Tengku Datuk Seri Utama Zafrul Tengku Abdul Aziz expressed appreciation for Tze Yong’s contributions to the national team throughout his tenure with the governing body.

He said Tze Yong had represented Malaysia with pride and dedication on the international stage, adding that his resilience during rehabilitation had been highly commendable.

Following detailed discussions, both parties agreed that the separation was the best course of action at this stage, with BAM extending best wishes for his future recovery and career.

Tze Yong also conveyed his gratitude to BAM, coaches, support staff and teammates for their guidance and support throughout his journey with the national squad.

He said representing Malaysia had been a great honour and expressed appreciation for everyone who had been part of his development as an athlete.

At present, he said his focus remains on full recovery before returning to competitive action as he prepares for a new chapter in his badminton career.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

At Least 40 Bodies Recovered After Overloaded Boat Capsizes In Nigeria

At least 40 bodies, most of them believed to...

13 Workers Killed, Seven Injured In Colombia Mine Collapse

A slope collapse at an open-pit mine in Policarpa,...

Mark Zuckerberg Buys 19th-Century Irish Castle Worth Up To €30 Million

Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg has purchased a historic 19th-century...

Four Railway Workers Die After Express Train Strikes Them On Tracks In Japan

Four railway workers were killed on Thursday after being...